Sunday, May 22, 2011

Last Day of School.



Micah had his last day as a little preschooler. He will start his formative school years next year with Pre-K. I can not believe it. He'll only be going one more day a week, but still. I was the room mom this year and let me tell you that is a high pressure job. On some days I worry about what other mom's think and have to fight the comparison game, etc. BUT when you are the room mom it is like you set yourself up for scrutiny. So I'm being a little dramatic here, but you get the drift for super analytical me, you know I agonized over party crafts and games each time they came around. I wanted the end of the year party to be fun with real live games. But that included me putting those games out there and selling them to three year olds and their momma's:) Anyways, we played two makeshift games and I think the kid's had fun. I did too. I also put their names on visors and let them decorate them. It was a big hit with the kiddos but Mick has threatened me about letting Micah wear his visor in public. Apparently he isn't a fan of a good craft project. Being in charge for ten short minutes made me miss teaching and my cuties from way back. (Who are now driving!!) We had a fun last day and then the kiddos and I finished it off with lunch at the park. Then came Micah's performance....oh the joy that wells up in your heart watching your little one sing about God:)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Steph... I know you did a FABULOUS job as room mom. I would want you to be my room mom anytime. It makes me miss those fun activities and projects we did at my school in Florida too. I also know what you mean about your former students getting older, and mine are driving too. Scary!!! Enjoy your summer with Mick and the kids.