Sunday, May 15, 2011

Bat-tastic Birthday Bash!

Beautiful family pick at the very end of the night. We were all way tired!










Look closely and you will see Batman got on the trampoline. Mass chaos. And this Batman growled? Who does that?
It's a bird, it's a plane...

nope! It's Batmick on our shed!!








Some of the kiddos on our Batsign. Mick did a great job and we didn't fight with some of the kiddos to get their picture made, but this is a good representation!

The BatCave and Gotham City. Unfortunately someone moved Gotham City into the Batcave:(




This is our party that almost wasn't. I got some weird fluke pukemess at my friend Brittany's house while she was doing my hair on Friday morning(don't know if it was combo of hair dye and laying upside down, food pois. or a virus?). You know you are close when you end up lying in your friends bathroom floor while your kiddos run amuck in her house. (Did I mention she was also trying to do someone elses' hair?) You also get even closer when you puke in that friends front yard. I came home and got sick some more. After I got the kiddos down for naps I laid down and felt much better. It was the craziest thing! Thank goodness Micah's party wasn't til 6 Saturday night so there was over a 24 hour window from me getting sick til go time:) I felt so terrible that I didn't get to do all I wanted to do for his party and that I wasn't quite as prepared since I was out of commission on Friday. Even so I didn't touch, breathe or stand to close to anyone and I lysoled our house to kingdom come. (I also alerted the guests in case they wanted to take a raincheck:)) Worry-wart Wanda that I am fretted so that I almost ruined the joy of the party, but Mick reminded me the party wasn't about me, but was about Micah having fun with his friends. Boy did he ever! God definitely even used a "pukey" circumstance to teach me a lesson. So thankful for those who came out and enjoyed our little Batboy! And a huge shoutout to the best Daddy/husband ever who sported the Batman costume for his second birthday party appearance. And after my pleading he even "flew" into the party and surprised (aka scared) small children. For mine and Micah's records here is our list of Baticipants: The other Harper's, The Hill's, The Eidson's, The Hughes', Aunt Dot, The Wallace's, Janice, Melinda and Rex, The Bentley's, The Keaton's, The Butterworth's, The Hanes', Heather and Chase, The Mann's, Coach Graham and Mason, and Batman.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Looks like a lot of fun! So sorry that we missed it!