Thursday, May 5, 2011

Gushfest 2011



His lemonade
My lemonade
Us.





Micah, Milkshake and me!

Today has to be just one of my most favorite days as a Momma! This is surely a gushfest so opt out if you are feeling queasy. Micahbird woke up this morning and as soon as his sleepy little eyes met mine he said "happy mother's day momma!" So sweet since today was his mother's day party for me at school and so nice because Mick had thought to remind him to tell me this morning! SadieJane and I hit the ground running, literally to get a run in before Nana thankfully came to keep her while I spent some time with Micah. Oh, how sweet it was! I almost cried happy tears four times already today. It is of course fitting that Micah's birthday is next week, the best mother's day gift ever was he. It is so exciting that now, doing things for Micah is just as much fun for me as it is for him. We went to lunch with Jaxson and Taron, like the old days when there were just four of us. Neither of us took a stroller in the mall and we went up the escalator, two things I haven't done in who knows when. Let the record state though, there is nothing to hold your drink or your stuff without it. I don't remember what I did with those things before the stroller, but I might be sporting one til the kiddos are in their teens. Micah served me at school and was oh so proud. I kept telling him how much fun I was having and he just kept telling me happy mother's day. We built a very cheap bear at Buildabear while we were there and just enjoyed our time with just us two. Micah listened so well and again it is amazing what different children they are, when you see them individually. It is definitely something I wish we got to do more. I can't imagine how my heart could get any fuller. Praise the Lord for seeing fit to bless me in such tangible ways! Happy Mother's Day to all of you mother's out there. And as always to those who are struggling to become mother's I continue to lift you up in prayer and pray that we all remember those who will have a hard mother's day due to loss or other sadness.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Such a great post Steph. Thanks for sharing and enjoy the rest of your Mother's Day weekend.

The Kimmels said...

That is too sweet! Love it that you enjoyed your special day with Micah!! So special! Happy Mothers Day friend!!