Thursday, August 20, 2009

preparation

So there is so much to be done before Sadie Jane makes her arrival. I have been stressing a little about it...ok alot. With Micah I had everything laid out and ready to go by this time...but poor Sadie Jane notsomuch. We did get the rocker for her room yesterday so I will post pictures once we get two more things...see so much to prepare. My main concern has been how will I handle Micah when I am trying to nurse a baby 12 times a day (if she's anything like her big brother, she'll come out hungry). Well God decided to give me a trial run because I am sick. I think it is just a sinus infection, etc. but for some reason when you are pregnant everything seems way worse, plus I am not a good patient in the first place (shocking, I know). So today and yesterday I have had to put Micah under the loving care of his favorite babysitter- Mickey the Mouse. It is so hard for me but I have no choice when I can't move my head or it feels like it'll burst. So, this is life after baby? I am not sure, but hopefully it'll be somewhere in the middle but I am definitely turning that anxious corner and hope I can get well so I can get everything done, like yesterday!

3 comments:

Alison said...

The t.v. will be your best friend. It is okay. You are not neglecting - you will just be busy. Just take my motto to heart - "This is just temporary." Micah will not be in front of the t.v. forever. I still have to tell myself this- see recent blog post. It will all be fine. Honestly, the anticipation of what is to be is worse than the reality. Don't get me wrong - it is hard - but there are so many precious times ahead. Focus on those and that the bad stuff is just temporary. :) Hope you feel better soon! Oh, and rely on your family. You are blessed to have them and they want to help. I guarantee it!

MissingMyIsaac said...

I struggle with all these same things now that I have a newborn again. What I'm learning is that it is simply NOT POSSIBLE to do it all perfectly, and you will lose your mind if you don't learn to let some stuff go.

I wish I could say I've fully embraced that, I'm working on it!

You are a fantastic Mommy and you'll do great with two! I think your biggest challenge could be to BE EASY ON YOURSELF! :)

The Kimmels said...

You are and forever will be ...Great! Im so sorry you are feeling sick. That is the worst!...Im not sure what it feels like to be pregnant and sick but I know being sick stinks. I hope you feel better really soon. I guess this means I will not see you tomorrow at Amy's parents. :(