Sunday, August 23, 2009

funny bird

Micah is a funny bird. Lot of times we tell him he is just weird. I wish I could remember all the funny stuff he does...but I have a hard time remembering if I had a shower today or not. So I thought I would list a few funny or sweet stories about Micah...the first one is more about Haydee than Micah actually.

~While riding in the car on the way home from dinner Micah starts telling Hayden how Sadie Jane will eat. I am trying to transition him into the fact that Sadie Jane will nurse...and I know he will be so interested in this function. (he's always been a boob man) So Micah tells Hayden that Sadie Jane will eat boobies because their will be milk in them. Mick is not really laughing...he is a little uncomfortable that I am discussing this with Micah and that Micah is in turn discussing it with Hayden). Hayden says oh yeah, I remember that, he used to stand and stare until I sent him packing when I fed Micah. Hayden thinks for a minute and then says " are you gonna use that pump thing again?" I said "Probably" ...to which he replies "Good, because I really like to watch that thing". Soooo, we know who is now too old to be around the nursing scene this go round. (BTW, Mick's uncomfortableness definitely grew once Hayden stated that!)

~Micah understands that we go to church to learn about Jesus and we try to talk about him alot today he asked me to hand him his Bible and then he smartly stated "we read about Jesus in there".

~ We pray every night and I have had the joy of overhearing Micah's prayers when he says them with Mick. When he says them with me it is pretty routine but with Mick he either prays for something very random or surprises us with his insightfulness...here is a list of the last few times: -golf balls and golf clubs -mommy and Sadie Jane - his big boy bed and Sadie Jane's crib - Aunt Heather (this one got me, it was the only person he wanted to pray for two nights ago...I am hoping God was doing something big and let Micah in on it:)) - Daddy - Haydee, Jenny, Budda (always all together) - who knows what tonight will be!

~ Tonight we celebrated Nana's birthday a few days late (Happy Birthday Nana!) and Micah insisted on putting her card in a ziplock bag instead of an envelope...he would not let me put it in the envelope and cried until I got a baggie out and put it in.

~Micah loves to hit the baseball...or at least swing the bat and he has a great time "running the bases" from the living room to the bathroom and back. He does this for 3o minute intervals and on his return trip always yells "here comes dirt!" and then slides in in front of the tv. Sometimes I even have to wipe the "dirt" off his knees.

~Yesterday Micah had a really bad fall. And got the worst goose egg yet on his forehead. Which says alot because its probably the 100th. We had quite a time getting ice on it and he and I both were in tears by the time Mick had administered proper medic care. After he finally calmed down Mick and I found out what really happened. We thought he slipped on the stool in the bathroom trying to wash his hands but turns out...he tells us...he was stacking the ittle ool on the big ool (little stool on big stool) and when he jumped he went BAM on his noggin. Lovely...the boy just oozzes testosterone.

There is more but here comes the bird now...lucky you I will stop!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh these make me laugh! That Micah is a trip! His "ools" reminds me of my brother putting one of those exercise trampolines on TOP of the big trampoline. Always thinking!

So good to see you Friday and I'm looking forward to Sunday! Love ya!

Amy said...

Those are very entertaining!!