Thursday, August 6, 2009

At my very best...

I am terribly inconsistent. This is just a release on life with a two year old boy. So if you skip it that is good too. So I read the book, got the t-shirt, turned over a new leaf...whatever you want to say. But after vacation with Mick's whole family I vowed to be more consistent with disciplining Micah. Like anything else -I know what I need to do, and I can tell you what will work...but on days like today I start getting weary in well doing...or in wellspanking. Micah has tested every limit today. Each "right now" has ended with timeout or a spanking. I so don't want to spend days like this, it is just a real downer to be such a downer. Plus I am feeling the weight of this other (please Lord, much more compliant) child. We played this morning and had some sweet hang out time but anytime I would suggest Micah go potty, get dressed or walk two steps he rebelled. Therefore consistently I must discipline and discipline I did. We finally get in the car to go to the chicken house for some work and he immediately starts working the system. His new thing is not wanting to go potty. The kid can hold it for like 5 and 6 hours at a time...which is fine but he'll say he has to go then refuse once we are committed to saddle up. I refused to lose this morning so I informed him we would be there til there was a stream and he got so angry...oh my gosh...disturbingly angry...like if he were two years older I think he could have taken me out. Then he turned all red and screamed bloody murder...TWICE. We get that situation under control...he surrenders...tee tees...sweet victory for me...notsomuch after all that. We then come out of the bathroom to other people that want to speak with us but we are both to distressed to communicate. I go get some work done with gritted teeth and Mick shows up in the nick of time and Micah runs to Daddy. He is somewhat compliant through lunch for Mick and then as soon as he leaves its more with the testing. The afternoon continued like that til the boy went to sleep with no two books...as another lovely punishment for avoiding the "right now" again. So I am now a bit calmer but am praying I can be consistent for the rest of the day and then do it all over again tomorrow. And I am sure again tomorrow at my very best I'll be as inconsistent as I pray not to be.

With all that being said I do love my sweet bird and even now wouldn't trade it for the world.

1 comment:

Tracy Carson said...

hang in there...we are having our share of days like this too!