Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sick Boy.



Don't these look like pictures of a sick boy? Yeah, right. Well, poor guy has had a no good, very bad, terrible feeling kind of week til today. Micah woke up from Sadie Jane's party with a fever of 103. Yes, sorry if you received a party favor of a fever from our party....truly sorry. Then the fever continued and I was certain he had strep so we headed to the doctor...on a Monday...with SayJ. Fun times had by all. Notsomuch. Negative on the strep and back home with "viral tonsilitis". More tylenol and ibuprofen for our boy and he seemed to get to feeling better. No fever after Monday night so we got out on Tuesday for Sadie Jane's birthday lunch and time at the ballfield of course. During this time Micah started breaking out into hives of some sorts. Everytime I would get home and get to the benadryl they'd be gone. Then Micah dropped the kitchen stool on his toe and holy moly at the screaming and gnashing of teeth. It immediately turned black and red and looked like it might pop off. He was again up all night and received more tylenol for pain this time, not fever. Don't tell him that his toenail is going to fall off, but it is going to fall off. Last his hives came back the next day and I have no idea what is causing them. I, being the Webette MD diagnosed him with Fifths Disease but I am still uncertain. He begged to go back to school today and since he received a dose of benadryl last night and things cleared up I let him go. He pleaded that his teacher "needed" him. I am sure she did.
All this to say, Micah and I have spent lots of time together this week. With no school, no extra activities and obviously not alot of playdates on the plague we have done alot as the three of us. And while often I discuss his funnyness and discipline issues he really is just cool to hang out with. He makes me laugh and makes me cry happy tears more times than I can count. He has actually adjusted pretty well to having Sadie Jane here and it almost feels like we were never without her...almost. I did ask him the other day if he would like me to have another baby and he gave me a resounding "NO". I think Mick has been brainwashing. But he explained to me we already have a baby in Sadie Jane and we do NOT need another one he said. This is also humorous because before SayJ he wanted a baby all the time, but being the smart boy he is, he now recognizes the sacrifice and doesn't want our attention to be divided anymore than it already is...selfish from the get go aren't we...always looking out for number one. The pictures above are from Micah making the most of being stuck at the house. He came out of my closet in "his cowboy boots" he said. (Nana might recognize these:)) He wore them all around the house...and yes, this was the morning after toe-nightmare-nosleep-fortheweary-night...stinker.
I love my family and even when I feel a little bit icky from being in a house where it feels like germs are multiplying I still love love love what I do and wouldn't trade it to be anywhere else.

2 comments:

Amy said...

So fun to read all these posts and catch up!
Hope everyone is well over there! I am just glad Pax didn't come to the party and get blamed for the sickness:-) Hehe!
Love and miss you

Alison said...

Stephanie, it was probably Fifths Disease. Charlotte and Douglass Charles both had it last month and Anna's kids had it in August. And just fyi... if SJ gets it they are no longer contageous after the rash breaks out - according to my dad. Hope everyone is feeling better. It is a weird illness and kind of scary with the high temps.