Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hello, Security...

SECURE

May the Lord answer you when you are in trouble; may the God of Jacob make you SECURE. Psalm 20:1

As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him, for he knows how we are formed.

Psalm 103:13-14

Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers.

Hebrews 2:11

She is clothed with strength and dignity, she can laugh at the days to come.

Proverbs 31:25

This is the confidence we have in approaching God, that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us whatever we ask we know that we have what we asked of him.

1 John 5:14-15

You can hurt my feelings, but you cannot have my security. I wont let you. It’s mine to keep. You cannot have it.

You can criticize me and even be right about what I did wrong, but you do not get to damage my security. It’s mine to keep. You cannot have it.

You might have embarrassed me, but I refuse to let it fall on me so heavily that it smothers my security. It’s mine to keep. You cannot have it.

You may be so intimidating and threatening that I feel I have to hand a lot of things to you, but I refuse to hand over my security. Who you are doesn’t get to dwarf who I am. My security is mine to keep. You cannot have it.

She will have no fear of bad news; her heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Her heart is secure, she will have no fear, in the end she will look in triumph on her foes.

Psalm 112:7-8

The Lord is your security. He will keep your foot from being caught in a trap.

Proverbs 3:26


Just thought I'd share a little bit of what God has been teaching me through reading Beth Moore's "So Long, Security". I have been reading it with three other women and it has been such a blessing. God has taught me so much and I am so excited about applying what He has taught me. Even right here on the blog. I will share more of that in part two. But God's word definitely says it better...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So thankful for this study and for you putting it together! Good to see you tonight! I love my shower poster! :)

Love you!