Monday, January 28, 2008

First Real Playdate with Actual Play Involved...

Micah and I had our first mommy and Micah playdate with my friend Kristen and her son Jake. Jake and Micah were actually supposed to be due the same day. So in tummy days they are, but Jake was 6 weeks early and Micah was 3 weeks early. It is a shame but we live 10 minutes from them but rarely get to hang out...It is a fun story because Kristen's husband Brad and I were friends since we were infants and now our kids are going to grow up together. I learned something about Micah's personality today. He is really aggressive. We haven't had him out with a baby his age and today was eye opening for me. Jake is very laid back and calm. Micah is super active and agressive. Every toy Jake had Micah took from him. It looks like we are going to have a fun time learning about sharing. Jake sat around and watched while Micah showed him where every cord and dangerous place was in his house.
This picture is just too cute. Jake has such a sweet face. He and Micah tried to eat whatever the other one had.
This picture captures how Micah plays. He just would do whatever he had to do to get to the toy he wanted. At one point he even got on top of Jake while he was laying down to get to a toy. Poor Jake...I hate to say it but this is similar to the way I think Brad and I played together. I think I bossed and lead and he followed...or else. It will be interesting learning how to teach Micah to share and to use his active agressiveness for good and for God's glory not to further himself.
Not only was this fun for Micah but it was fun for me to talk with someone about all the what ifs of what he is doing, eating and pooping. Since Jake is a few weeks older Kristen has already gone through alot. Well, that is all for now. I just had to put these cute pictures on...I know in a few years we will forget these times. I want to be thankful for each day and new adventure we take that God blesses us with...

No comments: