Saturday, January 12, 2008

It is great to be eight!



Micah turned 8 months yesterday and it was just an all around good day. I actually got to get out and do something for myself...sort of. You take those kinds of things for granted before you have a baby.

Micah had his first date today with my friend Alison's 8 week old, Charlotte. He was so nervous the whole way there, but she really liked him. She stayed awake the whole playdate. Seriously, we have betrothed them from birth because we want to have good in laws. Alison said yesterday that they will probably end up not liking each other and I am sure they will go through that phase but hopefully they will end up being good friends if nothing else. We went to lunch and then shopped around a little bit...by the way...if you try to go shopping with two strollers you will get a workout from all the door holding contortions you have to come up with... Alison and I actually work together so it was nice to hang out and not talk about work.
After that Micah and I went to see my friends at MCCS, the school where I taught 2nd grade. It was so good to see all of the teacher's I worked with and the students I taught. My first class is now in 7th grade. They look so different. Micah did so well and performed his wave over and over again! He is a little bit like his daddy and likes to show off.
Lastly, (I said it was a busy day) we went to dinner with Aunt Amy and Uncle Brad...my best friend since birth and her husband. She is now expecting a little boy and he and Micah will be 11 months apart!! We are so excited. Poor Micah all of his friendships are already prearranged. I guess that is good in case he is shy or something. ha ha...
Well, this post is far too long but since I have shared all the sickness stories I thought I should share a good day! I have pictures to share but the system isn't working...I will put those up when it works.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a busy day? I am so glad that we got to be a part of it!
Love yall!

Alison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alison said...

Charlotte hasn't quit talking about her date with Micah. Things are looking good for their future together - not like they get a say or anything.
Love,
Micah's future mother-in-law, Alison