Wednesday, January 23, 2008

changes changes...

There are good things about changing and then there are bad things about changing... The good thing: Micah has learned to play independently. Today he played for almost an hour without so much as a wimper for me to join him. I got to just sit back and watch, and work a little bit.
The bad thing: He totally destroyed the basket that his things were in...he ate the tag...he tore the inside of it out and the cute little bow that I had put on it is no where to be found.

The good thing: Micah can stand up and pull up like a big boy.

The bad thing: Micah can stand up and pull up like a big boy. Which means when I put him down for his nap today he kept standing up and screaming until I would come check on him.

Every day Micah changes so much. For those of you who are moms you have tried to warn me, but it is true. If you have a child older than 8 months when did they stop with the two naps a day? I really don't want today to be the day we stop having two naps.

Today we made our weekly visit to Mick's school to have lunch with him. Micah loves this time because he gets out of his car seat and Daddy holds him pretty much the whole time. Having the job I do enables us to see Mick during the day; which is nice since baseball season is about to start and it will be the ONLY time we see him. I am off to try to put Micah down, how do you keep him down I don't know? and how long do you let him stand there screaming? So many questions, so little time...

2 comments:

beth ewing said...

we didn't go to one nap until about 16-17 months. i think 12-18 months is pretty normal. so you've at least got a few more months. he sure is cute.

stephanie said...

thank you, thank you beth! you give me hope! stephanie<><