Saturday, July 14, 2012

Picture Perfect Wedding


I mentioned Devon's Bachelorette Party in a previous post. The wedding was the first weekend in June and the kiddos were one of she and Will's flower girls and ringbearers. This was our first rodeo at being the little people in a wedding and it was a wee bit stressful. I am forever changed at how I watch a flower girl and ringbearer walk down the aisle because now I've felt the angst of not knowing if your daughter is gonna strip down naked and throw her clothes down the aisle instead of flowers just because her dress is itchy! They both really ended up doing great. SadieJane had a small meltdown during pictures and we were worried that was going to be the end of things...but she got it together after taking several naked pictures. Micah, who we actually were more worried about due to his moodiness did wonderful and made everything pretty easy. 
The kiddos were in Devon and Will's wedding, they are our dear Dessy's sister and now brother-in-law. We met there whole family through Destiny playing softball for Mick in highschool. Destiny started coming to the Softball bible Study I did just a year after Mick and I got married I think. She immediately became "secretary" which means she was always the one that rounded up the other girls. And sometimes she was the only one who I knew was still listening. Ha. Through that friendship with her our families have grown. Ours with babies and hers with engagements. We started going on vacation around the same times and then eventually went to Disney together. Devon is Dessy's older sister and through her engagement to Will she and I got close through some "coming to Jesus" emails and finding out similarities. I am so thankful for their whole family and also thankful God's provision in unlikely friendships. Devon (and Will) have been a blessing to our family and I can't wait til they start a family of their own!

No comments: