Thursday, July 19, 2012

Get Out of Town!



These two sillies have been my world this summer and it has been a joy. I've had a lot of heart examining and time just working through some things. It forced me to evaluate my time at home and how I was spending it...sadly too much of it was spent on the computer, texting, talking on the phone and just generally not taking advantage of the the things sitting right in front of me. While I was getting down about my "social" life, I had blessings begging me to be with them. So I spent alot of time playing, swimming, laughing and also just getting in the Word. While I'd been in it there is something to be said when you "need" the Word to get through each day. I do love that drive to have to have God's wisdom to get through the day. So often I do it to scratch that off my to do list, but I LOVE doing it and just meeting with Jesus. So thankful He meets me there; no matter what my purpose is behind it. 
Micah and SayJ got in my suitcase before we left for our Harper family vacation and it made me laugh so hard. But it was also exactly how I felt at that moment. Wanting to escape the responsibilities, constant need for acceptance, and general day to day stuff at home. Our vacation was much much needed for our family, and while it is never without our share of "Nat'l Lampoons"(thanks Erin:)) moments it was just what our family needed!

1 comment:

EMU said...

These pictures are keepers, for sure! Love them! Love you! :)