Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Whole Hand Full!




I was looking rather large last night apparently...just ask my mother. Thanks Jenny!

Waiting patiently then having to fight Micah to blow out the candles.

Holy smokes Batman!

The boys with Batman...Micah still not real excited:)

Now he's good!
Hayden with his hero!

No neck Batman...when Mick first came out he was trying to hide the goatee so he appeared to be without a neck...



Hayden turns 5 today. And now he is officially a Hand full...5 ...get it??He is a handful for sure...always has been. Only boy I know who gives him a run for his money is our very own Micahbird. The two combined make a magnificent force! We celebrated with a Batman Birthday Party yesterday at our house. Just a few friends and family and our sweet Haydee. He chose Batman as his theme and let me just discourage you from this theme. There are Spiderman galore and Incredible Hulk everywhere but Batman has apparently gone into hiding. There are no plates, no napkins, no tshirts to be found.(I mean not for those of us who plan late in the game anyways, and who wont pay more than a dollar a pack:)) I finally found Hayden his precious Dark Knight shirt at the dreaded walmart:( Micah happened to be WAY more excited about Hayden's birthday party than he was for his own. He kept screaming and yelping with excitment the whole night. It did show how much more he understands in the two months since his big day. My how things change. While Batman novelties were hard to find we do have some good friends with a Batman costume and had already borrowed it for some other friends. Problem was I couldn't find anyone to wear it...Budda was a good candidate but my Dad in tights not the best combination...sorry Dad! I got the courage to ask Mick about an hour before the party. He had made so much fun of our friend Justin that I thought there would be no discussion at all...but to my surprise Mick was willing to do it "if I thought it would make Hayden happy" Make him happy? I knew Hayden would be thrilled so Mick suited up for the night! It was so funny because Hayden was scared at first and then he all the sudden said..."MICK!!" then he was super excited again. Micah had the same reaction and only got close once Hayden explained it was Daddy. Micah called him Daddy Batman the whole time. The adults got way more of a kick out of Mick in the suit than the kiddos did. We had a great time celebrating with Haydee. The people that came really made an effort to make Hayden feel special and it meant as much to our family as it did to him. So thanks to those of you who made it. Somehow I only got to take pictures during Batman's arrival...being the hostess didn't lend itself to photographer so I failed to get a picture of Hayden with the other guests or with Jenny and Budda even!! If anyone took others I know Hayden would like to have them and so would I!! Today we have been to a movie, playground, lunch and the pool. Both boys are napping now and I wish I were too. But there is work to be done and blogging too. Oh and be sure to tell Mick what a great Batman he was...he did question if the pictures would be on the blog...like there was a question of that.


5 comments:

Queen B said...

Look out Christian Bale!

Amy said...

I enjoyed meeting you guys for lunch today. Hope yall had fun at the pool. Pax and I need to come swim sometime before school starts back. Sorry we couldn't make it last night, but glad to hear that it went well. Nice tights, Mick!

The Kimmels said...

Daddy Batman! ha! I love it.
If you ever need your very own personal photographer -- just call! I wouldn't mind at all. :)

Sarah said...

Tell Mick my birthday is at the end of July and I've always really liked Batman :)

Heather said...

Let me first say...THANK YOU!!!I will never be able to express exactly how much Hayden Having A Great Birthday truley means to me but as I sit and look at your blog as I often do I am bbrought to tears again because I Should be there. I did however spend time with him on his actual birthday and I am thankful for that.Steph, there is not a single day that I dont think about you. I miss you so much and I love you!! I know I havent always been the easiest person to be around but you have always been there for me and more so Hayden. Hayden is turning into such a perfect "little man" and its because of you and mom and dad as always being there to clean up the mess I created. I hope your doing well maybe Ill talk to you soon!! Im doing much better and Im getting better as time goes on. Please pray for me! I LOVE YOU STEPHANIE DIANNE!!!

Love Always,
Your Sister
XOXO