Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekend Getaway.

The Happy Couple...
trying to get a picture in the room...not so good.





Courtesy of Jenny, Budda, and Hayden. We will be celebrating our 5th anniversary this Friday and then heading to PCBeach for the Harper family vacation...sooo we celebrated this past weekend. I had really wanted to try to getaway before SadieJane got here and to try to actually communicate as husband and wife again. We weren't sure it was going to happen and I was anxious about leaving Micah for only the 2nd time in his little life but it all worked out. Mick and I went to a B&B outside of Birmingham, Alabama for two whole nights. I wanted to get away and not really do anything but talk, get a vision for our family, pray, read books and rest a little. We got to do all of the above and more. We picked out life verses to pray for Micah and SadieJane, prayed for their future and talked about disciplining Micah more effectively. We talked about our marriage and what we need from each other. It was probably the first time in 5 years that we have had to be so intentional with our time, but I think it will be of great value and I hope we can continue to make time to do it in the future. I bought "The Strong-willed Child" by James Dobson on the way there and have almost finished it. It is an incredible resource and has made me feel a whole lot better about our sweet Micah who definitely appears to be a strong willed bird. This post is more for my records and to let Jenny know her time spent with two wild banchee's was greatly appreciated and used for great good. Thanks so much Mom!

As a sidenote a few have asked and I don't think I have ever done a full post on how Mick and I came to be so I think I will save that for our actual anniversary. I know you all just can't wait for all the sordid details. It is such a scandal:)


1 comment:

Amy said...

Happy early anniversary! Glad yall had a great time and got lots of QT in!