Thursday, May 28, 2009

Way to go, Haydee!

Rare instance of Hayden sitting still...and listening to his teacher!!
Look at that good boy waiting patiently to sing.

Hamming it up.


Do you see me Aunt Steph?? He was making sure...


Tonight Hayden graduated from Preschool. Hayden is really my first baby and it is crazy to think about him growing up. I feel like I almost birthed him...well my sister did all the work and I was there to see all the good stuff. But since that moment when Hayden entered our world he has been so special to me. Alot of things have changed in his life and he has had more than his fair share stacked against him...but thanks to my parents and God working for him he is doing great. It was a bittersweet time for all of us I think watching Hayden accomplish this but knowing the road ahead for him is still not easy(nor for us or my parents either). We are so proud of him and the little man he is becoming. They gave out "Occupational Awards" and Hayden was "Most Likely to be a Nascar Driver" Don't you know his Uncle Mick was proud. His teacher mentioned that this was because he does everything loudly and fast. At least we know we are talking about the same person. So congratulations to a great young man.

I don't talk about my sister much on here because of the issues at hand. It definitely isn't because I don't think about it...because I think of it everyday and still sob at the thought of her being absent. But God is continuing to use her situation to bring me closer to Him. Lately I have been trying hard to pray that He would heal my sister and make our family whole again. Not just a little bit but that He would actually enable and help her to be a mother. I would be eternally grateful if you would do the same...not for me but for our sweet little graduate. And if God doesn't see fit to answer this prayer in my time frame pray for my parents and their all consuming job of doing what God wants them to do in raising one wild little boy.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your comments and loved the pictures of Hayden. He IS a special little boy. I helped Amy pack up her school room yesterday and she has a 4th grader that looks EXACTLY like Hayden. I told Amy - "That is what Hayden will look like in 4th grade!" She agreed. Hayden is special to a lot of people and he always will be. We continue to pray! mkm

Amy said...

That's a sweet post! Hayden will appreciate it when he gets older!

quinnie said...

THIS IS SO SWEET, I STILL THINK ABOUT HEATHER ALL THE TIME AND PRAY FOR HER AND YOUR FAMILY. YOUR MICAH IS A CUTIE!!!