Monday, May 11, 2009

The best gift. Period. The End






God giving me Micah is truly the most amazing tangible gift I have ever received (outside of my salvation and our marraige:)). It is only fitting that Micah's birthday, today, will always fall on or around Mother's Day because he's who made me a mother. He is the most amazing little person and while some days seem to never end I love each and every one I spend with him. He makes me laugh and cry and surprises me each day with something new. It is so hard to believe he is two years old today. My mom used to tell us "don't ever change" and I found myself telling Micah to stay my baby forever today. I know that isn't the way God wants it and I know His plans are best but this passionate little person He entrusted to Mick and I two years ago is becoming his own thing and it is something I thank Him for everyday. As we think of this new baby girl I can only imagine how my love is growing for her inside of me as well as growing for Micah in seeing him in a new capacity as a big brother. We serve an amazing God who is worthy of our praise and I wanted to praise Him for the miracle of life He gave us in Micah today.
With that being said I don't quickly forget reading similar posts from my fertile friends who popped out babies when Micah was only a dream to us...so I pray that you would join me in praying God would grant those peace who don't have a baby of their own and boldly ask that He would work a miracle in their lives however He sees fit.
Note to Micah: (you can skip the mushy, I just wanted a creative way to document some of the quirky things about Micah for this birthday)
Ways That I Love You Bird

I love the way you squint your eyes for pictures.
I love the way you jump up and down in order to go poopy.
I love that you call your daddy Mick Harper.
I love that you think every color is blue.
I love that you never forget to say the blessing.
I love that you pray for your ding ding.
I love that you tell your daddy "good game" everytime he walks in the door.
I love that you get so excited about little things.
I love that you love to pray at the ballfied with the boys.
I love that you love "Martin".
I love that you wanted an Elmo and Mickey Mouse Birthday party.
I love the way you say "be careful, Mommy".
I love how you can sing the whole Shake My Sillies out song with motions.
I love that you love me.
I love that you are TWO!
In case it is too mushy I could actually make a list of the things I don't like that he does, but it's his birthday so I'll keep that one to myself.

3 comments:

EMU said...

Thanks for your sweet comment and your prayers, Stephanie. Becoming a mama sure has a big learning curve, but I am loving it.

And I laughed out loud at your 6th thing you listed that you love abour Micah. Too funny!

Queen B said...

Such a sweet post!

Amy said...

That's sweet!!