Sunday, May 10, 2009

thank goodness for our buddies!

Heading to the beach...
Cheese! We're here!

Trying to get a cute picture, except we brought only one bucket. Bad idea!

cute boys with the beach to ourselves...

Sharing the bucket and picking up sea shells.

The waves are chasing me!
Jumping in!
Boy loves the water.
Our own wade pools.

Swimming
Finally one of the best buddies.

The only picture of me and none of Taron. We were hard pressed to get these.

When we discovered Mick's playoff game was going to be close to the beach we were excited. Except that it was a 5 1/2 hr drive (w/o the 3-4 stops for a 2 yr old). The thing with these trips is Mick is in charge of 21 teenage boys so to say he has little time for his wife and child would be an understatement. After much talk we asked our friends...Micah and I's best buddies...Taron and Jaxson to go with us. Not exactly the luxury vacation you want to be invited on but they agreed to go. I was pretty anxious how it would work with two boys with very different habits and two Momma's that are the same but different. It went really well and we had a lot of fun. The boys both were soooo good and only had a meltdown or two. Micah is much more strongwilled and didn't nap much but did relatively well considering. The beach was so much fun and I can't wait til we can go back with Micahbird. The only thing is he really just liked the wade pools that the waves had left and was TERRIFIED of the big pool. He kept an eye on it the whole time and kept running away when the tide came in screaming "dolphins! dolphins! get you!" I have no idea. This was my first trip alone with Micah and definitely my first trip with a friend and another kiddo. It was fun to have alot of one on one time with a best friend but weird to think that you don't really get to know friends this way once you become an adult. There aren't sleepovers or vacations with their family anymore...so it was a treat for me. I am so thankful for my friendship with Taron and our realness as friends...since we've become friends later in life she's one of the few that I can be straight with...So next week we are off to South Ga. again but no beach this time. I'm pretty sure Taron and Jax had fun but I don't think they want a round two:)


No comments: