Saturday, May 30, 2009

end of an era...


Yesterday Mick finished up his last school year as a teacher (for now). I have realized that in all the hecticness of baseball and end of the year that I haven't informed many people of Mick's change in scenery. (Like I almost forgot to tell my parents...) So I thought I would share here as a little tribute to Mick's teaching career. I have a few pics of when he was my teacher and thought what a better way to show how long he's been teaching than to put one from 1998 up. That's a post for another day...but just couldn't resist. Don't ask about my sweatsuit...it was homecoming. But long story short Mick was approached to work for the Board of Ed. as a "Math Coach" for the area high schools. He will be working with teacher's new and old and helping them improve their teaching skill and math scores. While I am biased, Mick works exceptionally hard at his job and gives way more than anyone I know so I think they saw that and wanted to use his talents (or abuse:)) in that area. Mick is looking forward to a change in pace and will still be able to coach at Chapel Hill and lead FCA and continue to build relationships with the kids there. That was our main concern that he not loose touch with the kids and loose out on that mission field. Now he will just be adding to it, not taking away. Although while I find other teacher's great...with him out of the classroom it makes it even less likely for me to want my children taught there:) This isn't a permanent assignment and while it could lead to other opportunities if he misses the classroom too much he can always go back. We are thankful that the Lord saw fit to bless our family with a change and we pray that it works out to our benefit. I apologize if this borders on boring but I thought this would be the easiest avenue to share the news when we continue to get the...what? Not teaching!?!?

1 comment:

EMU said...

I want to read this "post for another day" about when Mick was your teacher. How did y'all end up marrying each other??? I think it's time for a love story post! :)