Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Surprise!

Sisters.
So proud to have this picture that we took two:)
The girls...Wendy, Taron, Heather, Me, Amy, and Kristie
Heather's childhood friends and such blessings to me! Kristie and Amy
Blurry but it says I love my Auntie!
Nana the baby charmer with SadieJane and Maxsim
The crew...look how grown up Bay looks!
SadieJane and Chase played outside and had nothing to do with the shower

There is a group of girls that try to go to the mall on Friday's together. My mom and Heather also come. I decided since Heather likes to "surprise" us with things that we would surprise her with an impromptu small baby shower for little Delilah Dianne. Since my mom couldn't tell us what Heather said when they pulled up to the house in the presence of small children we know that she was indeed surprised. Heather isn't big on large groups or surprises really so we just included a few of her close friends and family. It really was a sweet time of being able to love her and encourage her. Since it was Heather, we knew it would be fine to have all the kiddos there. Micah was sooo into the baby shower and actually helped decorate, anticipated the surprise and sat quietly on the sofa while Heather opened every present! It was too cute. He does love his Aunt Heather and is always looking out for her.
Even though there is always much changing and going on in our family I always have to step back and note how far the Lord has brought us. That Heather would even come to a surprise baby shower is a miracle in itself. Only a few short years ago we would have done this as an intervention and she'd have been hurling herself out of the car. What a change God can do when you trust Him (or even when you doubt). Praise the Lord for a special day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for doing this for Heather and her sweet little girl. I cant wait to see pictures and to meet her and to see little Chase again. I left a gift at Grannys for Heather from my mom and I. So proud of Heather and how far she has come and so proud of the relationship all of you now have. Love sissy

Tracy Carson said...

Really Special, Stephanie!