Monday, June 6, 2011

Just Another (fun-friend-filled) Day!


Maddox, Micah, Bailey, Bryce and SadieJane
Bryce smiling for SadieJane

SadieJane can't decide if she likes younger or older men:)



more flirting...

long time family friend and newfound momma friend:) love those!
Krissy brought us all mardi gras beads! They live in the 9th ward in New Orleans so they have PLENTY!


Micah and his backup drummers!
SayJ, Micah, Camden, and Ellis

Once you have children your birthday becomes just another day. Although my day happened to fall on a day when we had plans with friends and had another friend come to spend the night. I definitely made the most of that and it made my birthday so much fun!
We headed out to the beach with my friend, Amy, her son Maddox, Kristie and her kiddos, Bailey and Bryce. We had a BLAST, even though it was the hottest day of the year so far. 96 degrees of sweatness it was! Micah and Bailey made me numerous sand castle cakes and Kristie and Amy had everyone sing to me with brownies Kristie made:) Yummo! I also got a little birthday wish from a nice state patrol on the way home from the beach with friends. Fortunately he had pity on me and said I should never "Follow too closely" again. For those that know me, know that me following to closely is a joke! I drive like a grandma, but I happened to be on the phone and trying to fix a DVD, the officer did not care for that excuse. I promised Micah I will drive better, and he promised me he would be more patient about when I press play!
After that my roomie from college Kristen (I lovingly call her Krissy) was passing through with her two boys. They stayed for dinner with my family and then spent the night. So good to spend my birthday with some of my favorite people. I pretty much threw my own party but I'm ok with that at this point. I have no shame. Just ask my husband:)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Yay for fun times with friends. So special that you got to see Kristen and her boys. Glad to hear you had a fabulous birthday. Also loved your post about 21 vs. 31.