Monday, August 2, 2010

Steppin'


Baby girl is taking her first steps these last few days. She is by no means walking but she is steppin' if you will. She is so excited about it and I just love her to pieces more and more everyday. She has brought each of us such joy and changed our world for the better.
Speaking of making steps...I am trying to do the same...baby steps as small as SadieJane's I am sure but steps of positivity nonetheless.
Today marks Mick's first day of softball tryouts and the beginning of singlemomhood. Thankfully SayJ is a bit older this year and there (hopefully) wont be entire nights spent in hotel rooms with her screaming her brains out with reflux...wondering why her family would travel with her at just a few weeks old. Micah has reached the age that he so looks forward to our ballfield seasons and loves watching his Daddy coach. I am trying to wrap my brain around the fact that this is our life and no matter how grumpy I get that really isn't going to help or change anything (yes, six years in I decide to get on the happy train:) Seriously I am choosing to put my happy face on and enjoy what God has called Mick to...and therefore our family to. I have checked out a bit being either pregnant or with a newborn for the last few seasons. But prayerfully this year I can really get back in the mix of things. Spending all summer with Destiny...one of the players that we have basically adopted into our family (along with all of hers) has made me want to invest more in the girls again and I hope that God will multiply my time so that I can both take care of my kiddos and get to know the girls a little better too. I miss being a bigger part of Mick's ministry there. With that being said I just want to say that while Mick and I definitely have been challenged in our marriage with each child and with circumstance, etc. I am so proud of him and the jobs he chooses. While I have been resentful and difficult in the past I know that in my heart he is teaching me and now our children what it means to lay down your life in the name of Jesus and what greater gift could he give us. Things aren't always roses nor will I agree with every second he spends away. But more and more as he works his tail off at summer school, on the field, fundraising, talking to parents, fielding phone calls and teaching I see how thankful I should be. So thanks Mick and we love you much!
Disclaimer: I know lots of you are thinking cry me a river...and rightly so...but I am just documenting some commitment to be content where God has placed me so that when I get grumpy or resentful again I can remind myself to "get happy and thankful"

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yeah! That's great, Steph!! So positive:-) Love you!!!