Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Nothing earth shattering...

no, thank goodness, we were not victims of a driveby.

yummy, no wonder he didn't want to eat it in a boat or in the dark...
This picture makes it look like Micah was sick but he wasn't.
Sadie Jane and Rex playing


...going on just trying to love Jesus, each other and others! Just door shattering over here at the Harper's. We have had a really good last week or so...hanging out with friends and family...playing as a family when possible and I have even started going to a real Bible study for myself (not one that I force others to do with me, but one where we have a real teacher:)) The first two pictures are two stories in one- I don't know if you can tell but we had a miracle in that Mick was cutting grass yesterday and a rock shattered our sliding glass door. Sadie Jane and I were standing right where it hit not two minutes prior. Thank you Jesus! On the other side is where Micah and I have been having school with some cool dry erase crayons! You can't really see it but it is a tracing of Micah himself and everytime he walks by it, he says hey Micah and gives it five! Next are our attempt at green eggs and bacon...we were all out of ham:) Micah had read the book and insisted we make it for dinner and because we were home alone I figured why not? Sadie Jane enjoyed them too. The other pics are from Sadie Jane's date with a friend, baby Rex, who apparently enjoys getting sick as soon as he leaves our house. We are hoping he feels better real soon! Keeping up with two kids and a coach these days plus working and on and on is taking up all my bloggin' energy. It also is doubly challenging now that I have TWO walking babies...even though one is a great deal wobblier than the other. Although I would still bet that our Micahbird falls more! I just needed a catch up post so I can continue on with blogging. This is more recordkeeping. Micah and Sadie Jane are just both growing and changing like crazy...and praise Jesus I am learning to handle it as it comes and enjoy being the mom of both of them. This weekend we followed Mick out of town to a tournament and stayed in a hotel ... Mick wasn't around much but we got to see him so that made it worth it. I traveled unpacked and packed all with both kiddos. At one point Micah was in charge while I was getting things packed up and I couldn't find SayJ. Micah had actually lifted her up and put her in the bathtub. It wet her last outfit that we had with us but it was funny to think about the fact that he did it all and she never wimpered...just let him do it. Sadie Jane isn't the most verbal girl...don't know how that is possible...but she is saying night night when she is tired, hello when she puts anything to her ear and bye bye but only if she is in the mood. Mama and Dada are pretty rare these days. Micah is starting school in a few weeks and I am still trying to decide if I can balance his school and trying to home school. We are just trying to see if it would even work. So lately I have been working with him with a few books we've been given and just recently I got him dry erase crayons that we can write on the sliding glass door with...as a sidenote it is really important to me that as a boy Micah doesn't begin to hate school activities because he was not designed to sit behind a desk and be sedentary (not that he wont be expected to be ABLE to do it if need be) but for the majority I want him to be engaged. So we have been working on numbers...writing them and identifying them. Math of course. He has been able to identify some but any number with a circle in it gives him trouble...you know 6, 8, 9. He gets them all confused. Well we worked hard on the window this morning then went to Mick's school for lunch...then Aunt Amy's school to deliver chicken house coupons. Both places I let him show his new skill on their board. He did ok at Mick's school but I knew that those three numbers weren't happening. I tried them at Aunt Aims and Micah got them right!! I am sure it is a fluke but it sure was fun to see him succeed at something that I had taught him. So that got me feeling what it would be like to homeschool. Minus all the frustrating moments where he doesnt listen, etc. :) Another game and day at the ballfield this afternoon...hoping it isn't a hotdog night!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Way to go, Micah! That was awesome how he taught my 3rd graders those numbers!!! Just kidding! I'm really excited that he got them!!

Sarah said...

My favorite part of this whole post is that Micah talks to his outline on the window! Oh that kid makes me laugh!!

Need to see you all SOON!

Good for you on the Bible Study! :)

Much love!

Anonymous said...

I think Sadie Jane and Rex make a cute couple. You never know. lol Rex is a real cutie, I love his blonde hair and his blue eyes. I love Micahs art on the window, great idea. sissy