Friday, August 13, 2010

comic relief

This week I have been stressed for a variety of reasons(family, work, school, kids, sleep, etc.) and things in general just feel tense. Ever feel that way? I don't usually let stuff get to me this hard core. But it is...didn't really realize it til the pounding in my head and the tension in my neck almost bought me a small panic attack. Nonetheless things are never as bad as they could be nor as dire as they seem at the time. And when you live with children no matter the stresses they are bound to give you just what you need...comic relief.

If you need some too I thought I'd share...if not skip it:)

Sadie Jane is walking...not like normal people do but in the weird four to eight steps at a time. Yes, we count people, I'm a Harper and I am married to Mick, we must count.
I find it humorous that Sadie Jane is figuring the walking thing out at almost exactly the same time as Micah did...as if to say...I wont be outdone by my overly obnoxious big brother.

And lest you think I am doting my boy has had his moments too...HAHAHAHA

Like just today at the mall:

We went into Bath and Body Works because I had a coupon for something for free, and while I don't use those trial size things one of you might get some from the gift closet. It is the thought that counts, right? Anyways, we ended up spending a little money (sucker, their marketing worked, but it wont ever work at Vicky Secrets and the free panties...I am still way up on their company with that one) I digress again. So we were getting those cute little hand sanitizer thingies with the things you attach to the bookbags. I let Micah pick out one and I got a new one and we had a coupon. This will all be relevant when I tell you we went to the elevator to get on and Micah holds up one already put together that neither of us picked out and says "I have this one and you did not pay for it." Agh. So I explain he was stealing, whatever his intentions were and we march back in for our little lesson, (haven't we already had a stealing lesson, I'll have to look back on the blog, apparently it wasn't memorable enough for Micah or I) Hopefully this time will do the trick. So he apologized and returned it to the lady. She had apparently encountered quite a few three year old thiefs because she helped enforce the lesson while also thanking him for being honest. Nice.

While we are getting loaded into our car Micah says he needs to tee tee on the ground. He loves to watch the pee role down the asphault toward either another car or more preferably, my shoes. I am loading and holding Sadie Jane so I acknowledge his request thinking he meant on the wheel etc. I get back to fold up the stroller and he is middle of the back of the car shooting it out into the parking lot for all to see. The arc went to the middle of the street. There was no stopping it once he started so I just laughed and covered his manhood up once he finished and dripped on our bumper. Really nice.

Thankful for Friday's and hoping for better days ahead. Hoping and more importantly praying for them.

3 comments:

Tracy Carson said...

Laughed out loud at the pee pee. Owen LOVES to pee pee on the "floor" (which means when he gets to go outside) but requests it often!

Anne Marie said...

I am so glad I got to see you guys this week! I'll keep your Friday's in my prayers. I am sure I'll need some too when I "officially" enter motherhood :) Not that I don't need them now either ;)

The Kimmels said...

Sometimes these stories scare the junk out of me -- but I still laugh really hard. Thanks for sharing!