Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

Me, the kiddos and the girls!
Des and her babies:)

Sadie Jane was ready for this picture!

Des, Steph and Tash...with Micah being the only one looking at me!

Magan and Ashli...softball girls from FOUR years ago! Magan is graduating this year, crazy!
Stephanie with Say J, she'll hate that I put it on but her face so encompasses how she feels about babies...she thinks she doesn't know what to do...but my babies love her.


Things have been busy around here lately. In good ways and bad. The good is that we have had lots of lovin from friends and family...on Monday we had some of the older softball girls over for dinner and we had three different grades of ladies. They are all growing up so fast. I can't believe the first group of girls that I led in Bible study are now graduating from college. I also got to meet with them and have a minibible study session, like the prechildren days and it did my heart such good. Don't know if it helped them any but it helped me! So proud of all of them. Also courtesy of Mick I got to have lunch yesterday with a dear friend and just talk girl stuff. Ahh such a treasure that time is now when it is so sparse.

The bad is that things with my sister are not going what you would call well...not drug related that I know of so that is good...but things are hard in that arena nonetheless. I wont air our dirty laundry or her business on here since this isn't her blog...I only air my own dirty laundry not others. But I will beg you to pray for her, our family and reconciliation.

On the not terribly bad but also not so good side is that both kiddos enjoyed the lovin they've been getting from friends and family so much that they caught a cold from it. Micah is tough and not really phased by it except for the occasional night sleeplessness. But poor SayJ wants to know what the heck is going on in her nose and why it is making her feel so icky! Tis the season for sickness always at our house. But Christmas is coming like it or not and thankfully it isn't about the presents and the perfect house or the best cooked meal or the snotless shirts...because we got none of that. But we do love Jesus and it is about Him so that'll be enough.


No comments: