Monday, December 14, 2009

Friends For a Lifetime...

My lifetime best friend, Amy and I.
Jake, and his stroller with cookie monster...so funny!
Hayden and I with his present...it took me nine years to open.
Baby Rex and his present.
Aunt Amy and Sadie Jane
doesn't she look like she needs another one???
my old neighbor Amy and Rex, so cute!We are so cute I accidentally loaded it twice:)

Our boys playing together! Hopefully two more friends for a lifetime!
Mom and one of her best friends Melinda, and SayJ

The boys decorating cookies!
I couldn't get one of all of them looking.

Last night we reinstated an old tradition. Since as long as I can remember my parents and a group of their friends got together for Halloween and Christmas and every year went to the beach together. Most of us kids were around the same age and grew up together...etc. After us kids started having kids of our own the group stopped meeting and some moved away got busy, etc. I loved having a group of people to grow up with and have really fond memories of all of our get togethers so I decided to try to get everyone back together. Almost everyone made it and the kids seemed to have a great time. I had fun too and the kiddos all drew names and exchanged presents. After dinner I discovered just how old I really am... Hayden came running up to me and said "Can we open presents now????". This was the first time I have been the one asked not the one asking! At times I forget that I am supposed to be grown up but now with two babies of my own plus Hayden parttime:) I guess I am.







1 comment:

Amy said...

Those pictures turned out good!!! It was so much fun! Thank you for opening your home for this tradition! Love you!