Friday, February 13, 2009

What were you doing 5 years ago today?

Don't I look good? I obviously new not what was going on because I failed to take a shower that morning...and now it is recorded here for all to see. But Mick looked good:)

Five years ago today I was teaching at a great private Christian school and loving that I actually had a boyfriend on Valentine's day weekend. Mick and I had been dating for 6 mths and had discussed marraige but I was pretty sure Vday was just to cliche for us. So on Friday the 13th Mick brought roses to my school and left me sweet kissing bears in my car. I thought it was sweet but secretly my analyzing self thought I guess there isn't gonna be a ring. Then Mick and I were supposed to go out to eat but he couldn't even pick me up! I was irritated and told my mom as much. She told me to chill out. I pumped her for info on a ring and she told me Mick hadn't talked to them...so then I was convinced and dissappointed that there would be no wedding bells in my future. So I drove on over to his house, a little ticked. Then he didn't even come outside to greet me. But then I walk in and there are balloons...lots of them...and a frame and a card and Mick. Still thinking this is my Valentine's surprise a day early I say awww...thank you. Then he told me to read the card and in it said "To My Wife-to-be" He then busted out the ring and popped the question. While I was excited all I could think was...you didn't ask my parents...turns out my mom is an excellent liar. After I said yes we went to share with our families and had dinner. At dinner Mick said I hope you appreciate this because this is as romantic as I get. I laughed it off, but each year he reminds me that he warned me fair in advance:) It is hard to believe that was 5 years ago and even after all these years I would say yes again! It seems like a world a way and yesterday all at once. I apologize for the flashback just thought it would be fun to remember. I love you honey!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is too funny steph. i'm so glad you and coach found each other. dont know what i would have done without you so far. love you. :]

ps.. i love how im listed as the best college student website. haha. so now, once i get finished you'll haveta change it!

The Kimmels said...

awww. that's sweet. I can't believe that was 5 years ago! Thanks for sharing.

beth ewing said...

how fun. jon and i got engaged valentine's weekend 7 years ago.