Sunday, February 22, 2009

soon to be four!

So, I am typing this post today February 1st even though you wont be reading it for some time. I wanted to go ahead and type this post because I know I will have forgotten all the neat ways that God worked this for His purposes and I plan to give Him all the glory. So for the past month I have been taking metformin...a drug to help me ovulate because I have pcos and have had trouble getting pregnant. I didn't share this information because I didn't want my decisions to be based on what other people thought and because talking about a problem makes it more real. (so partly I was living in denial) So the medicine made me insanely sick. Those who've been around me know this:) I am telling all the details in case God is doing something similar in someone elses life I want them to be encouraged. So anyways, back to me being sick. So I figured if we were going to go that route we would get on it dog gone it. So we did. Mick and I both felt like this was the month for me to get pregnant but neither dare hoped. 3 ept sticks a month times 11 months gets old fast. (I know some of you out there can multiply that many times over and I am still praying for you) We had hoped we wouldn't struggle this second go round like we did with Micah but we did. So this past week has been hard because we knew if I started my period then our next step was fertility drugs. Which would be fine if I didn't turn into crazy psycho girl after each new drug I take. So I was very anxious and scared about that. We also started trying to sell our cars and they both sold on Thursday. We weren't sure why they sold so fast. But Friday, Jan. 30th I took two, ok three, tests and they were all a big fat plus!!! It was as though everything fell into place exactly the way the Author of our Salvation would want it to. He worked everything out the way He wanted to and imagine that ... it was greater than I could have asked or imagined. Micah and I talked all day because I had told only him about my secret on a stick. Micah kept saying...baby baby...secret...secret. We waited for Mick to come home and surprised him with a "big bro" tshirt for Micah and a little book that I wrote about our family. As I sit right now I don't believe it. I am so fearful of something happening or getting my hopes up. That what I am writing will never be posted...because I don't want to let anyone down or make them sad if something goes wrong. But I am reminded that God knit this little one together in my womb for a purpose no matter how long that might be. She(I hope) is already teaching me things about myself and the next 9 months will be an adventure no doubt. So I am recording this for myself as much as for you.



2 comments:

Maggie said...

oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats to you, coach harper and micah! i'm so happy for you guys. i will def be praying for that little life inside of you! i wish we would have been friends when i lived at home too. but you better believe when i do come back to the south i'm gonna be runnin to you all the time for some wisdom :) yay! you're prego! God is good.

Mackenzie said...

Sooo exciting! I'm very happy for you guys!