Tuesday, February 17, 2009

weaping turned to dancing...

It has been a long couple of days with us...we went out of town for the Valentine's weekend and I will update on that next but wanted to type out a little bit of what is on my heart. Mick's Uncle Cliff got real sick last week pretty suddenly. He hasn't been all well in a while and he has had some health issues but nothing life threatening. He ended up in the hospital with pnemonia and passed away Sunday morning. My Great Aunt Lois who is my Grandmama's sister in law also passed away this weekend...she was in a nursing home and we had expected her to go be with Jesus soon. I went to her funeral today and I can only hope that half of the things said of her could be said about me when I reach her point. It was weird because I didn't feel the need to cry at her funeral. Now, granted we weren't exceptionally close in her later years...but I was just so glad for her to be in heaven. That is a really neat feeling to have and when someone has lived a life full like hers and then finally is at rest after a few years of suffering you just rejoice for them. Another thing that hit me was that even though her husband died many years ago it was hard for anyone to separate the two of them when talking about them. It was as if you mentioned one there was something to say about the other. That is what marraige should be...a partnership where the two become one and I want that for Mick and I as well. Lastly as these two both passed away I realized how peaceful it was to discuss their deaths because we know that they are both with Jesus...the two of them didn't know each other being on separate sides of our family, but they do now:)One thing I have thought about over and over since their deaths is that I want everyone that I love to be in heaven with me, it is selfishly so much easier to hear sad, sad news knowing there is eventually redemption and happiness. So with that being said I didn't want to miss the opportunity to tell you about Jesus' love. I don't know everyone who reads my blog so I wanted to share. I hope that if you read my blog you can see Him in who I am but just in case I want to make it clear for you...all you have to do is believe in Him, ask forgiveness for your sins and turn from them. And really the Holy Spirit helps you do it anyways. So maybe I am not good at writing out how to get saved (I wasn't raised in a Baptist church! hee hee!) So if you ever want to know please ask me. There is so much more I could say but I will stop for now. I will write more about Uncle Cliff as well after his service. I think both of these two godly people deserve so much to be said for them.

No comments: