Thursday, May 10, 2012


This season I got to play tennis on one of my best friend's Momma's teams. I also ended up getting to be her partner for most of the matches. Which is crazy because her daughter, Amy and I literally began our tennis career's together at the Health Club doing drills and playing USTA. Val convinced me I could hang with the big girls so I gave this season a try. Such fun! I have played ALTA, for.ever. But never have I ever won the City Championship for my division. Today we finally did! In ALTA you get a plate for your award?!? My mom had tons of these from all her tennis days when I was little, so it was quite special to get one of my own, and even more so to get to do it with someone who has been like a second Mom to me since before I was born... It also was a really high level that we were playing (don't worry, I wasn't one of the better players:)) but it really renewed my love for the game and now I want to play singles again, like I did and loved in high school. Since I've got all this free time on my hands I think I'll take it more seriously in the future. Look out Wimbledon!!! Yeah right!! Seriously though, this has been something that the Lord has allowed me to really enjoy lately and I am so thankful for a little release in my week to help me get through. Jenny and Nana definitely help make it happen, and even Mick chipped in a day of work to help me make it work. 

1 comment:

Val said...

Sooooo excited that I made the blog!!! Great season, Steph!!! I really enjoyed it!!! Love you!!!