Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Take Me Out To Daddy's Ballfield!


 
So Micah had his 5th Birthday Party last Sunday. He decided this year he wanted to invite his whole school class. And his friends. And his family. We have had every birthday party up until now at the Harper House and I just didn't think we could quite hold them all. So, Mick offered his ballfield. Micah definitely wanted to take that offer. Micah's first birthday party was baseball themed so I guess every 4 years we will go back to the good ole ballfield. Micah had a blast and even though the rain beforehand was stressful and the heat during was insane we managed to pull off a fun party. I tried very hard this year to focus not on what I wanted or what I would worry about what other people think, but on what Micah wanted and what would be fun for him and his friends. Even though it was hard I think I let go of most of it. I even put down the itinerary after I got to the field. My one regret from the party is that since we weren't at home I totally forgot to get a picture of all the kiddos together. Ugh. The one thing for me. Mick was such a great trooper and did every thing I asked. You don't see him in many pictures because he was pitching or running activities. One of the highlights was one of our good friends (who really does lead Praise and worship and has his own band, Edenfield) sang the National Anthem over the loud speaker. Micah loved it! I know I thought he was joking at first and I am sure our friends were not real sure about it, but it was awesome for Micah. He just kept moving closer and closer to Kyle with his hand over his heart the whole time. Micah and Hayden also orchestrated the "Concession Stand" and worked it. We gave out tickets upon arrival. Even though they got tired after a bit and ran some other friends out by being bossy, it still turned out fun for most I think. I did a terrible job taking pictures because everyone was spread out everywhere and half my time was spent going "who has SayJ??" and then locating her with either Jenny, Mick's mom or Micah's friend Alexa (pictured above). All in all it was a fun day and we were all exhausted at the end of it. I did say you can pick when it'll rain and when I am gonna get sick by the date I choose for Micah's Birthday party...because they seem to all go hand in hand. Thankfully this year the sun came out and I think I've just got some allergy issue. Bright side, Positive Polly, that's me. 
Roll Call: aka. the boring part where I list who was there so I can remember it in years/weeks down the road- The Keaton's, April, Sunny and Chichi, The Spiva's, The Wallace's, The Bronosky's, The Hane's, The Bennett's, The Edenfield's, The Dobb's, The Harper's, Aunt Dot, The Hill's, Kyle, Avery, The Howle's, Janice and Jake, Maddex and his Dad, Sherry and Brayden, Erin, Barrett and Brynnaboo, Destiny, and The Eidson's. Who'd I forget, someone very important I am sure:)?

No comments: