Friday, May 4, 2012

On the field with the Bravos!!


Duh-dunt-da-dun....CHARGE!!!
 
Even McCann needs to stretch before he plays:)
This is our first year playing baseball and our very first year to do the big "Parade on to the field at the Braves Game" Boy oh boy. It was Douglas County Night on Tuesday and all the little league teams are invited to make a walk around the field and to NOT step on the grass. It was so much fun. And it was SO hot. We didn't know the ropes this first year, so next year we will know to be late (so we don't sit and sweat for hours), we will know we all can indeed walk on the field (so don't bring so many stinkin' bags), we will see everyone from Douglas County (so plan a playdate with friends during the game to make it easier with the kiddos), we will be up high (so bring a leash for SayJ). Seriously Micah loved it and it was so much fun to watch him watch a game with new eyes after playing a season. Although I use that term loosely he has a much greater concept of baseball now that he has done it. We also got to see McCann warm up and stretch which was pretty cool. I wanted to stop and ask for a picture, but I think they frown on that even more than the whole stepping on the grass thing. Other than the braves game I've been having a rough week. In my head things are just really messed up. I am struggling all over the place with what I believe to be satan having a hayday in my analyzations. I feel that it is partly due to my lack of time in the word. I feel like I've been so surface in so many areas. I have a hard time living solely on superficial and surface chatting etc, and I thrive on realness and honesty; I've had some of the first and very little of the latter. It hurts my heart and makes me crazy. Its nobody's fault just where I am in life at the moment(well, maybe I should take some responsibility here, that yes, I indeed need to check myself...another blog as usual). Every day can't be a praise and worship cd I know, but I just don't want the blog to be all surface either, so I am releasing a small bit that is in my brain. Don't worry Jenny, I'm fine. Really.  So I am getting back on the "time in the Word" band wagon and trusting Jesus to help me in alot of areas that I am just straight failing in. Doing life and doing life with Jesus, while I would have it no other way, is hard to find the balance of following Him wholeheartedly and still just living and doing the life around you. But that is a post for another time; so I will indeed save the rest for some other time.

3 comments:

Carrie Cochran said...

Your blog makes me laugh and I totally appreciate how honest you are about what you deal with. I think that we all find ourselves in places like that. It is frustrating to fix things that are not working with US and SO easy to find a solution for everyone else....

Guilty here too.

Wendy said...

Love you Steph. Thank you for the heart to heart chat the other night. Thank you for your friendship and openess. I am praying for great time in the Word for you this week and more. Love you.

Maggie said...

praying for you my long distance friend! i'm with you on the rough week!