Friday, May 11, 2012

Oh to the boy who stole my heart...


five short years ago. I can not believe I am typing about my sweet Micahbird turning FIVE. Everyone tells you it'll go fast but nothing can prepare you of the rapidness of the years. I mean, don't get me wrong the days are often loooooong, but they years they seem short:). Micah is more boy than ever, swinging at anything he can hit, throwing anything that looks round and constantly begging to go outside and play ball every day of the week. He is all boy and passionate as all get out. He loves and plays hard. Which means when he hurts, oh man, break my heart. We have dealt with some first this year, nothing crazy like those first few years when EVERYTHING is new...but Micahbird has changed even more. He has become much closer to Mick, he even let it slip the other day that he likes him more. Hurt my sensitive heart pretty bad, but truth is I know he does get him in a way I can't and Micah senses that. He told me later he loved me too, but still. Micah has had his first real crush on him and boy oh boy that is another post of its own. But bottomline he has an "admirer" at school and he has yet to notice, I on the other hand can't stand it and am praying for how I will handle real situations like this in thirty years! Micah has also formed a bond with SadieJane and the two of them can now play together, if they can get along long enough to do so. I will add Micah's questions later to compare with last years, but I couldn't let today go by without one more short gushfest about the long awaited, prayed for bundle of joy that kicked his way into this world and has been pushing the limits ever since. Nothing else I'd trade it for in the world. It is undoubtedly the highest calling to be a Momma with the hardest days and nights with the greatest rewards scattered just far enough in between that you find the strength to keep going. I love this Micah Reed Seven Harper and I can't wait to see the boy God is growing him to be. Well, yes I can. I will enjoy this time when I can still pick him up and kiss him in public for as long as I can, because I hear it will end. But I secretly hope it never does.

No comments: