Friday, May 18, 2012

Surprise!



One of my bff's in the world turned 30 this year (actually two of my bff's do) but April turned 30 this past weekend. She is such a special friend to me so I figured I'd do another Ode to April, and to friendship in general. God has blessed me with some lifelong friends, some older wiser friends, some for a season friends, some to simply point me to Jesus and some that I don't know His exact reason for their friendship but I see purpose somewhere some how, eventually. April fits somewhere in that mix, sortof. She and I met before I had any kiddos and have remained friends through two babies. We became friends later in life but our foundation is actually our relationship with the Lord because we met in Sunday school and while we weren't at the same season in our lives (she has two older babies pictured above), but we at the same season in what God wanted to do in our hearts. She is a LIGHT in my life and a constant encourager in truth. That is hard to find and I am so thankful I have her. I think I've written similar posts about April in the past but I felt it needed to be said again. This week has been so hard losing someone who has been apart of my life my whole life. I don't remember the last time I saw Kristie, but I never thought it would be the last. It is God reminding me that I need to live for Him moment by moment and I don't need to let time pass without thanking Him for giving me people in my life that show me His love and I want to show others His love. So easy to be caught in the routine and forget what is truly important. I did it today even after being reminded about it during the day. It reminds me of that verse that talks how no one looks in the mirror and then quickly forgets what they look like, yet we read His word and then quickly forget what it says. How true is that for me that even in the midst of a lesson I have to confess I quickly forget the very thing God wants to teach me. So thankful for Jesus, forgiveness, grace and the gift of friendships new and old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your makeup looks fab!!!
-ss