Friday, September 2, 2011

it's the end of an era

I knew this day was coming. But still didn't think I'd be quite as sad or sentimental. I know none of you are surprised. This week ends my short career at the local chicken house. I have worked for a friend of the family doing marketing for I think almost 7 years. I went into the job while having fertility problems and am leaving the job after having two babies while working there. I loved my job. I worked from home after I had babies and with Micah he has basically grown up there. He doesn't know that people wait at the counter to get food or that you can't just walk in to the kitchen and tell someone you want some stick chicken(the grilled kind for salad). I haven't paid for my Large Coca Cola Classic in a looong time. I am sad that my time at the chicken house is over but I am so thankful that I had the time there that I did. I was given a great opportunity to do something I liked to do while never having to leave my children for very long. Even moreso they were part of working as well. They got to know the people there and loved them like I did. I am praying that I can move on gracefully and not hold onto the past. I tend to do that. Bad. But there is so much going on that it will be hard to keep thinking about what might have been, for too too long. I will miss the sweet people and the great chicken most I do believe. BUT, it doesn't seem that I can completely separate from the chicken house, because along with my teaching position I have an opportunity to work at the chicken apartment (the mall Chick-fil-a) in our town. It will be a totally different type of experience but I am hopeful and trusting God that we can make it work in our lives. More on that as I figure it out...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanx for posting this. It is kind of strange that you found out you were going to lose your job about the same time Lee lost his. We have gone through the depression (in a way), the anger of it happening and why it did, then the fear of change. While we still havent found the job that works well for us, we know that it is out there. When we left the military life we went through the same thing, it was more of us leaving our military family that we loved. When Lee lost his job this time we also left behind a family we had known for 24 years. Just know that things always happen for a reason and usually for the best. I think you are like us in being afraid of the change part. Hope that things work out for you and that you find a good work family like you had before. Sissy

Wendy said...

You're going to do great at both your new jobs and I look forward to hearing about them more. Whenever I drive past our Chik-Fil-A I always think of you.