Sunday, August 28, 2011

Coming Full Circle

Me, Maggie(the bride-to-be), Brittany, and Holly

Long ago...I really don't know how long. I happened upon a blog of a girl from Mick's school that I vaguely knew from some of the softball girls. Started reading and it literally felt like at times I was reading my own thoughts, emotions, words from ten years ago. Eventually I revealed myself to the girl that I was stalking her blog and we began a friendship miles apart. She had followed Jesus to San Diego to help with a church plant. Millions of miles and about 20 different connections kept bringing her to my mind and I just felt compelled to pray. Would be meeting after would be meeting passed and alas I thought we'd never actually meet this side of heaven. But this girl named Maggie, who followed Jesus to San Diego, followed Jesus back home to Alabama about 6 months ago and we finally got to hang out face to face. Maggie also happens to be Brittany's(Rhett's Mommas) BFF so she helped make it happen. Long story longer, Maggie is engaged! Such an amazing story of God's plans. Lo and behold she is marrying a coach and I couldn't be happier for her. So Friday I packed up at 10 at night to make the trek to Bama Country with Brittany and Holly to go dress shopping the next morning. I did my best to hang with the twentysomethings, but I've always been a Grandma at heart. We had fun talking way too late and I loved hearing about the special people in Maggie's life and getting to know Maggie outside of the blog world. It is crazy how God orchestrates different peoples lives to intertwine at just the right times. I love that God chooses the most unlikely people to come together to teach, refine, challenge and love us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

EACH ONE IS SEXY AND BEAUTIFUL, LIKE TO FUCK EACH ONE.