Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Nasties...





It's not what you think. Nasties is what SadieJane calls gymnastics. Over the summer SayJ really took to the Mommy(or Daddy) and me Gymnastics. She did really well and after much agony we found a way for her to continue through the school year. I talked with the staff and since she will be two in September they said she could go on in the big girl class. You know, the one where your mommy waits OUTSIDE the room. Eeck. I got my first taste of trying to access my child's performance without the bias of being her mom. I was literally nervous about her entering the class because I didn't want her to get demoted but I also didn't want her to be in a class she wasn't ready for...and we all know I've seen completely reasonable parents decide their child was waaay better than he/she actually is... Phew. She finished and her teachers said she did fine. She was no shining star (well, except to me). But she didn't meltdown and she obeyed. For the first time I saw SayJ be nervous too, as she waited at each station for a teacher to tell her to go. It was hilarious to watch. Micah couldn't stop watching either (through the lovely mirrored glass:) He just kept saying, "I think I should probably go help her", "Ok, I definitely need to help her now!", "Mom, look at her, what is she doing?". Love the age and stage Micah is at right now, I could sit and listen to him talk forever. Except when he so loudly mentioned to me while the five other Mommas are also crammed against the glass say "I just pooted, you smell that?" I sure did and so did all those other Mommas of cute little girls that had apparently never said anything like that, but hey we were at Nasties, for goodness sakes!

No comments: