Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The First Piece of the Puzzle

The Peppy Penguins! Erin and I.
Micah's photo shoot of us laughing!

As most of you know, whether you care or not is a whole nother story, but after finding out I'd be jobless by Labor Day I set forth on a task to not get a job but to be a stay at home momma. Unfortunately our bank account said that while very profitable for my children, not so much for our needs (and some wants) at the moment. After MANY unpretty arguments with God (and my husband) we came to the conclusion that I would need to work and that I would need to start praying in this fashion. Shortly thereafter I mentioned to the ELC director (Micah's preschool and also where I went to preschool:)) that I would be looking for a position. Lo and behold, they knew what I did not, that God wanted me there. So, I prayed and decided at this time I could only give up two days with my SadieJane without one or both of us losing our mind. So I agreed to teach a 2 year old class two days a week. Then I found out that I would be assisting MRS. MANN! For those that don't remember all the drama with me deciding to even send Micah to preschool, Mrs. Mann was his first teacher and she basically made everything ok for us and is basically the standard upon which everything else lies. While I'd be happy to teach with whoever, finding out that I would be with her was a sweet gift from the Lord saying, as always, I GOT this Stephanie. I am using even this to grow you and mold you into who I want you to be. I am beyond excited about being back in the classroom and having an opportunity to actually have some adult interaction as well. As I mentioned above this is the "first piece of the puzzle". You may be thinking, wow, they must pay exceptionally if now she only has to work two days a week. Well, they pay in love and friendships, with a few dollars on the side. It will help our ends meet but not quite...so I will finish the rest of the puzzle pieces after I finish my job at the chicken house. It looks as though God has presented another opportunity and I will enjoy that work too, but things aren't quite ironed out on that job yet, so I'll stick with describing this one because I am so happy about it:) I also want to state how much God is already using this for His good. Mrs. Mann is so different than me and has so much to teach me. I can't wait til the end of the year and some of her laidbackness and organization has magically rubbed off on me. Lord knows I don't want my analyticalness and worrydom to rub off onto her! Seriously, she is such a godly woman and I am just so thankful for this position at this time. It is a welcome reminder that God (not Stephanie) knows what's best for me. Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

EMU said...

Eeek! I'm so excited for you! What a fun job! :)

Wendy said...

This sounds really, really exciting Steph!!! I am so glad you get to be back in the classroom because you are so good at it. We will be praying that the other pieces come into place too.

Anonymous said...

WOULD ENJOY EATING THEIR PUSSIES.