Friday, August 19, 2011

The Modge



Uh. Have I mentioned I need a new camera. Anyway, I've been getting crafty in my spare time::) Hahaha. Or in my time when I should be doing something more constructive. Ok, so I have always read crafty blogs and it seems like anybody who is anybody...always has mod podge in their instructions. It would appear that anything half way cute must include some of the stuff. So after getting a coupon for Hobby Lobby I went to purchase some and then come home and create something. For those that don't know (I didn't) Mod Podge is really just glue. I mean it is cooler than glue but after only one day of marraige to the stuff I am not sure of its difference. I am sure seasoned users reading my blog are scoffing at me but those that haven't used The Modge(my term of endearment for it), will want to know this, dontcha? At our ever exciting trips to the Alabama flea market, Santuck, where we purchase inordinate amounts of bows and boiled peanuts I had seen cute little bow holders and always thought to myself, I could do that. Shortly thereafter I'd think I bet they used "The Modge" on that. Not really, but they had definitely used paint and paint I can for sure do. I had planned to paint the plaque and then glue SayJ's initials on but then I got this idea to put pictures on it and then when I got the pictures out I realized none were going to fit on there. So I saw the cute little shutterfly card (which I am sure has a name) with all the thumbprints of the photos I ordered and alas, what you see above. A little modpodge and some long lost scrapbook letters with some minnie mouse ribbon and we have ourselves a bow holder. Yippee! Be impressed. I know you aren't, but I thought if I bossed you, you might be. Did it work?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steph that is so cute. I think you have found yourself another job. Love ya sissy

Anonymous said...

its cute
-taron

Unknown said...

So cute! I love that you call Mod Podge "Modge." Makes her sound like an old lady (which she kinda is!)

Wendy said...

I TRULY am impressed Steph. I have always held onto those Shutterfly picture thingys and now I know what I can use them for (maybe not a bow holder for me, but another similar collection of pictures). Thanks for sharing. I have some old Modge lying around in my craft stuff, I wonder how long that stuff lasts?

Wendy said...

So I was telling Brent about your brilliant craft project and he said, "She made a hodge podge of decoupage with modge". I know he's cheesey but I thought it would make you smile :-)