Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Firsts.

I said, show me your teeth...and I got this. Oh. My. Stars. I laughed so hard at this face.
SayJ is checking on her Bubba here who wasn't feeling so good after he can't feel his lip. This is his attempt at a smile.
Bubba found his blankey shortly after we got home and SayJ was quick to give him lots of lovin'.



For SadieJane, her first trip to the dentist. For Micah, his first cavity. What is crazy is that in all that, it has been a pretty great day. We are all exhausted, but, for the first time when we got home from what could have been a stressful day, I actually felt like we had accomplished alot without having any major breakdowns or catastrophes. I mean, I know we've got plenty of transition coming to break up my game, but the days where I feel like we are running smoothly and without chaos are few and far between. So I'll give Him the glory for making it happen in our small window of the world. Both kiddos were superstars at the dentist. We go to Dr. Turner, a high school friend of Mick's and I would venture to wager that he is one of, if not THE best, practices around. They make everything run so smoothly and I am so thankful. (notsomuch for the hefty pricetag), but we are staying on the positive. They happened to have moved farther away but since it is worth it we make it an all day event. It is also close to where I lived and taught before I became a wife and mother so it was funny showing the kids (who could have cared less) all of the places I used to go, live, work, etc. SadieJane did great and cooperated, like I said, rockstars, but I was completely shocked, then I pretended like I wasn't surprised and that my children ALWAYS act like that. Hahaha. Micah has a fused tooth that we found out about long ago and we knew eventually we'd have to deal with a cavity there and alas today was the day. Again, because they are the greatest dentist practice they let us go eat lunch and come back to get it filled the same day. Yippee! Micah did great, they said, and I again pretended to be unphased and didn't mention my visions of restraints I had foreseen in my head. I am so thankful for days like this where I can step back enough to see that "I'm gonna miss this..." and take it in and praise God that He has given me something to be treasured. Even in the dentist's office, I can see how God works together things for the good. Thank you Lord for your personal love for each of us and the way you love us and show up in both tangible and intangible ways.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh!! Glad it was a good experience, but poor Micah!!!