Monday, September 26, 2011

The First of Many??



Micah has been loving some school, church, choir, teamkid, and Momma working time. All of these just so happen to be held at our very own "six flags over Jesus" aka 1st Baptist church. We are starting to be those "everytime the door is open people". All this to say, Micah sometimes isn't sure which class he should go in, but he doesn't really care. He likes them ALL. Crazy to think you go to a place because your four year old loves it, I mean we like it, but he loves it. Ok, yeah, back to where I was. You can see why I haven't posted lately, TOO TOO much on the brain. Ugh. So in the last two weeks I've had the following stories told to me about my sweet bird:

~ While Micah does choir and church on Wednesday nights SayJ and I work in the penguin class. While I was in there another Mom comes in and says your son is quite the stud. He was just walking around the playground holding hands with a blonde and a brunette.

~ A mom from Micah's class says that her daughter is praying for Micah at night. That she "wont give up on him, and will keep praying he stops being so rough and boyish". I said, me too, girlfriend, me too! Love that!

~ While at a party another mom informs me that her daughter thinks Micah is so cute "with his glasses" and since they both were recently upset in choir, she said he came and checked on her the next week in class.

~ Another little girl from his turtle class saw me at the mall. She wanted to come tell Micah hello and again made mention of how cute he was "with the glasses".

~Lastly, the pictures you see above were made in teamkid at church. Each child made his/her own, but one girl insisted on giving Micah HER picture. Her mom tried to take it home and she insisted it go home with him. He made little mention of what I thought was a pretty big deal. I will also make mention this same sweet girl saw us coming into Sunday School on sunday and came to the door to make sure she said hey to my bird. By the way, I could do a whole post on the differences of those two pictures. I mean Tyla's is so detailed and pretty and then there is Micah's...slap some stuff on here so I can go play.

Now while I hope you know this isn't a aww, my son is so great post or a I'm trying to push the boy girl thing. I know it is all very innocent and that he has very little idea about the differences with girls, I just think that it is funny how much girl interest we are getting. But possibly because Micah has a very sensitive Momma so he picks up on that with the ladies....hahaha.

Oh, and last thing to note, the ladies LOVE the glasses.

Ok, ok, all of this is totally in fun. So that one day I can read this to Micah and embarrass him. Who knows, maybe he and Tyla will work things out in the Waaaaay future! I know he is not a complete stud. I know he isn't the handsomest thing in the world. Frankly I don't even want him to be:) If you ask him, he isn't getting married and he is living with his Momma til he is 35. Now, that my friend is every girls dream.

2 comments:

The Kimmels said...

Too cute! I know we all recognize the innocence in all of this but its still really sweet that Micah is sensitive enough to attract the ladies...or maybe they are just all attracted to the bad boys. I'm pretty sure I was at that age! haha.
Love you!! :)

Wendy said...

Love it Steph! Thanks for sharing about Micah bird.