Tuesday, February 15, 2011

They grow up so fast...

Kayla and Chelsea (two AHS people we let come), Ashli, Jordyn, Me and Magan
three of the original "softball girls"
I am not actually referring to my babies on this post. Last week, yes, again during operation can't breathe. I also hosted a Lingerie Shower for one of Mick's softball girls (gasp!). Now this sounds weird when I say it, but it is only because she technically hasn't been one of his softball girls in over 4 years...I just can't seem to let them grow up. Jordyn was one of the first girls on the team I met after Mick and I started dating and got married. She actually came to our wedding and she came to the first bible study I started with the team. Then she grew up. Sad. It is amazing how most of the "softball girls" are now actually my friends, or family even, but I can't bring myself to stop calling them softball girls. Jordyn is getting married in March and when I found out there was no lingerie shower planned I couldn't help myself. I am sure it was a little awkward for her opening panties at her coach's house. Ha. But it was a great time and Mick actually left and took the kiddos to his parents. Micah came back at the end and insisted he be in the picture we were taking...like any other. He had no idea what kind of shower it was...he just kept saying "Happy Valentine's Day". Once Jordyn knew they were coming home she quickly put everything in her car. She didn't want to mix the two things and I can't blame her. It was fun for me to remember oh what it was like to be young and getting married and being worried about how cute your panties were instead of just if you remembered to put some on and if they were clean.

No comments: