Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I knit you together...

Picture taken by Micahbird so the angle is not my fav. Of course you can't tell which one of us in this picture is pregnant, not because Jessica or I look big neccesarily, but because Brittany is teeniny.
...trying to get a picture with SayJ and Rhett. Notsomuch.

The Grass is Always Greener Disease

I tease Micah alot that he has the above mentioned disease. It seems that no matter what he thinks on his own, if someone else wants it, he has GOT to have it. This is especially true with SayJ...if she picks it up he is on it. This also happens with food, if someone else has something different, it never fails he changes his mind and wants that...even if he doesn't even like it. I wish he'd start wanting what other people are wearing, but this disease is tricky like that.

I know that this is actually a disease somewhat characteristic of his age, but today as I was driving and thinking I realized that it must also be genetic. I think I gave him the dreaded disease that I often ridicule him about. Some, Mom! It creeps up on me at the most inopportune times. Like today, I went with a dear friend for a 3D ultrasound to see her sweet baby and find out whether this beautiful God-knitted baby was a he or a she. It was such a special time and I am so thankful that she allowed me to be apart. Something about hearing that heartbeat....mmmm...nourishment to my soul. After she found out which she was having...I wont spoil her fun just now...but I will say Micah and his gender guessing is more accurate than at least the pee test at walgreens. So far he is 4 for 5 I believe. Anyways, after we saw that sweet baby, my friends sister - in- law who is a little farther along decided to get a glimpse at her blessing. Seeing two different babies in the womb is such a privilege and an honor. Pure beauty and a piece of who God is in a way that words don't describe. But with all that beauty came a little bit of ick. Ahhhh. It was at that point that I started feeling the disease kicking in. There were even a couple of other girls there who were pregnant too. Being around that much just made me want another one. Oh and on the way there, Micah affirmed that if Ms. Brittany could have two babies then he guessed so could we!!! A sign from the Lord, no less. I say all of this, not to make my Momma start sweating (and Mick for that matter). But this happens not just with big things like a human being, but also with little things, like my wedding dress, what I cooked for dinner, which Bible study I decide on, how a party went, even conversations...I don't necessarily always have to want what someone else has, sometimes I just don't want what I do have. I am not sure if this makes sense. This all has a point, promise. Well, at least a point for me:)

When Micah starts wanting things he doesn't have I get onto him and remind him of how MUCH he has, I think it is ridiculous that he even could possibly want something else. I remind him to be thankful and it is often even humorous to me because I can see how blessed, loved and (overly even) taken care of that he is. I often picture him in the midst of his toy filled house with a loving family and shake my head that he can't see what is all around him. But God reminded me today, that another baby or not, prettier wedding dress, different words said, and on and on, He was still the same and it is ridiculous, funny even, that I would get an ache for something only He can fill anyways. That makes me content in a way nothing else can. You see what each of us has is His choice for us and wanting something else is like telling our Creator, the very one who knit those beautiful babies I saw on the screen today, that I, Silly Stephanie, know better than He does. Nuts. That's what that is and it made me laugh as I played with my two before nap. My heart is so full with what I do have, and spending time on what I don't is a win for the prince of darkness and I wont have it. So while I am sure the disease will crop up for me again and again, just as it does for Micah, I pray I can set a better example so that we can hopefully cure Micah's "disease" before it turns into a full blown case. As with all my analogies I am sure this one has its flaws but I pray it is taken for what it is worth and that God uses it for His purposes.

No comments: