Thursday, February 17, 2011

anticipation...

...and together they have on one full outfit. Haha.
I am so excited, nervous, anxious and back to mainly pumped about the next twenty four hours! I can hardly believe it is happening but a few months ago I initiated an email update chain with the girls from my college discipleship group. We caught each other up then tossed around the idea of a reunion, lots of us have kiddos, or are pregnant with child, or have a teaching job, or are deployed, or are really far away, etc. etc. so I didn't think there was anyway we could pull it off. But I hoped we might. And all but the deployed member will be arriving at my house within the next twentyfour hours!! Starting with my college roomie Kristen (who I lovingly call Krissy) who I am picking up at the airport in just a little bit. I haven't seen a few of the girls since we graduated from college or shortly thereafter. I think even those I have seen recently it has still been over a year! So it has been roughly between 3 and 9 years since I have spoken with some of these ladies. And don't go thinking we were just acquaintences in college...these ladies were with me through some of the hardest things God taught me, but then life came and we all went separate states, ways, etc. But God has made it so we can reunite for the weekend and we are kicking my little ones and hubby out and moving them in for some girl time like we haven't had in so long. There is also the anticipation of them meeting my lovely, well behaved, never a tear or whine, children. Each of them are leaving there sweet children behind and flying or driving here for their weekend away, I 'll get to meet most of their babies through sweet pictures and stories and while I am so thankful they get to meet mine I just hope they don't completely run amuck and allow us to still have the weekend I know they are hoping for, and maybe one day we'll do a big family reunion, that would be a miracle. If I weren't frantically cleaning I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight. Well, once Krissy gets here we might talk more than we'll sleep. I used to literally talk her to sleep. Shocking I know. So, they'll be no blogging this weekend just lots and lots of talking, praying and loving on old friends!

5 comments:

Tracy Carson said...

Woot Woot!!!! So excited!!!

Elizabeth Magee said...

Yay!!!! This is wonderful, have an amazing time! Love you and those girls!!!

EMU said...

Awww! I am so jealous! I hope y'all have a wonderful time!!

Dorothy said...

that's awesome - I'm jealous, too. have a great time!

Lesley Morgan said...

awe you guys have a blast! I love each of you and have such great memories of you all! enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!