Monday, April 23, 2012

Winner, Winner Hamburger Dinner!





My sweet friend Katie won tickets for a limo, dinner and Dove Awards at the Fox last week. The fun part of it all is she had no idea she won them til Mick heard her name on the local Christian radio station and asked me about it a few days later. I called Katie and she hadn't a clue:) After she confirmed she indeed was the winner she graciously offered them as a girls night for two of my other close friends and I. We agreed to get dolled up and go. Mick was so kind to agree to handle some of kid duty and Aunt Wendy did the rest. I have not worn makeup in a loooong time. I never really knew how to do it anyways but when SadieJane and Micah wanted to play with all my really old makeup recently I just went ahead and let them have at it. I figured it saw more use then that it ever had on me. But then this night out came about so I had to improvise. One $5 trip to Walmart and a little leftover bronzer later and I looked presentable. We had dinner at Two Urban Licks, (shout out to my PC girls!) We sat at the exact same table so it made me miss each of you so!!! The awards were fun too and interesting to see how Christians award things. The whole thing is sort of awkward. No one felt deserving, everyone complimented the others in their category, everyone was so gracious and humble. It was all very genuine and sincere but sortof cliche at the same time looking in from the outside. We did discover a few new favorite artists, The Isaacs (a bluegrass type family group) and LeCrae (a rapper, my personal favorite of course) Mostly it was a great night out with other girls and I am so thankful to have them in my life.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Thanks for the shout out Steph. Oh how I wish we could do all that more often. Thanks for sharing your fun dress-up nights. Love you.