Saturday, April 14, 2012

I fought the wall...


and the wall won. Sadly These pics are how sweet SadieJane spent her vacation. She is not looking forward to the word condo or vacation any longer. She had a viral fever for 5 days. So she watched MickeyMouseClubhouse ad nauseum. Bless her heart she just felt sad. Then after getting some ibupropen in her she perked up and we headed to dinner. On the way back in she decided to race Bubba. She got far enough ahead that all I could do was hear a huge thud and then her whimper and then scream. She apparently ran into the corner of the concrete wall. I scooped her up and started hugging on her and checking her very bloody head when she whimpered one more time then went limp for about 3 seconds which felt like 37 minutes! I then went into full freaker mode and didn't come out of it til we were talking to firemen 30 minutes later. Mick thankfully took her from me as I screamed she went limp, something is bad wrong!! He applied pressure, got bleeding stopped and directed me to do something other than pace around the condo aimlessly. We got on the road and the firemen told us where to take SayJ to get fixed up. They glued her back together in no time. While I hate what all happened on vacation, everytime we went in to the dr they were super helpful, efficient and fast. We were always next or the only ones there!! Thankfully in all the circumstances God allowed us to see a bright side. And before I had any extensive pity party I was reminded how blessed we were to even be on a vacation in the first place. But I can't say SadieJane felt the same.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

So sorry for you and your sweet Sadie. I hope she (and you are feeling better). Much love