Monday, April 23, 2012

Lucky Prom Night 2012






As if putting on makeup and doing my hair one night in a week wasn't enough...prom happened to be the same week and Mick finally found us a sitter, so I just couldn't say no. Since I looove the prom. We went to dinner at Tap in the ATL and it was so good. Then we headed to the prom. It was the calmest one on record but the people watching was still pretty good. There was a girl dressed in cotton candy (aka the tutu I made for 50's day but for a dress and with no leggings, the girl did not need to bend over), there was a party bus with not one, but TWO polls on it, there was a lit up Cinderella's carriage drawn by a horse, and there were only a few people there that weren't seniors(apparently the juniors are saving for next year). The best part of the night was that I got to dance at the prom, most of you know, Mick forbids dancing at prom like the Baptist on church grounds. He is afraid that some boy would mistake me for his date, but I am getting old enough now that I feel that is no longer a reasonable worry. They had a line dance for the wobble and another younger teacher and I did it together. My wish to dance at the prom again has been granted. I was amazed at the change in cost of prom now, from what it was just a FEW short years ago when I went. I thought I'd give those of you who aren't in the teenscene a little update since this means it'll double again in a few years when SayJ and her friends are going. Lord, please don't let there be a poll on HER bus because goodness knows she would be owning it, I have NO idea where she gets it!

So....
Prom Dress 1998 - 99 bucks or under was the price of each of my 3:)
 Prom Dress 2012 - most girls said close to $500
Prom Tickets 1998 - I think they were close to 50 bucks for 2
Prom Tickets 2012 - $60 each
Prom Limo Ride 1998 (thank you Jesus there weren't any polls for me) - around $50 - $75 a couple
Prom Bus Ride with Polls 2012 - $90 a Person!

Don't hold me too any of these prices as it might not have been that few years ago and my memory is fading.  

3 comments:

EMU said...

You look beautiful! Love your dress!

A friend was telling me about a news article she read about the cost of the prom today -- averaged at over $1000 a person! Crazy.

Anonymous said...

no jewels?

-ss

Anonymous said...

You looked great!! Hope you are doing well. :)