Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Our Surprise 5K Runner...

Who is that you ask??
Wait for it...wait for it....
number 126~it isn't the Diabetes man...
It's my Dad...aka Budda!!!

So again another post for a select few. My Dad ran the 5K!!! For those that don't know my Dad this might seem not so monumental. But for those that do...I hear you laughing and can see the shock in your eyes:) What happened was...Mom had planned to walk the 1 Mile fun run with Hayden, then she wasn't feeling great so she said Dad could do it. Then they found out to get the shirt Dad had to be registered for the 5K. So instead of just going to get his goody bag while I ran...Dad showed up at the START line, next to me! He starts putting on his MP3 player and pretending he has a clue. I told him I was a little concerned and that he better walk the 3 miles. I mean, my mom has been walking it like crazy lately but Budda, he has been using the golf cart for long distances at the lake. So, 49 minutes later, there came Budda jogging out of the woods! All those in attendance could not believe their eyes! Hee hee. Seriously, I was so impressed and proud. Maybe by next year he'll run it WITH me and cut his time in half:) Way to go Daddy!!

6 comments:

EMU said...

Awww, I LOVE this! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! Congrats to Vic we are so proud of him. Looks like you have a new running mate. lol sissy

Tracy Carson said...

That is quite an accomplishment! Way to go!

Maggie said...

aw. this makes me smile. and almost cry. :)

Anonymous said...

HE DOES LOOK LIKE THE DIABET-ES MAN!!! BAHAHAHA!!!
-TARON

April said...

Love love love it:) Yes very shocked and even more proud! Now you tell him to go and 'check your blood sugar and check it often;)' Just like he tells atop his horse in his commercials. Good job Vic!