Tuesday, October 4, 2011

J-Day a Family Race Event!!

SadieJane, Micah and I with JILL Bryson, she put the J in J-Day!
The race was in her honor!!
Megan and Aunt Amy came for support! (and maybe to watch Paxton:) hee hee)
Micahbird was ever patient waiting on his race!!
Here I am finishing my race.
SadieJane just wanted me to be DONE!
Hayden raced too...
and I ran with him to keep him moving!!

Last Sunday was a J-Day Family Fun Race. A dear friend of our families, who taught in our school system for 36 years has a race to raise funds for a scholarship in her name. I usually play tennis so I have to miss it, but since I've been running so much I really wanted to do the 5 K. So I did. Hayden raced in the 1 mile fun run and I thought it would be fun to warm up for my 5K by jogging with him...notsomuch. Hayden is apparently a sprinter and would run hard for about 30 seconds and then walk the majority! But he finished and I chased his booty to the finish line so I was proud of him for that! After that I ran my race and finished somewhere around 28 minutes. That isn't great for real people runners, but for me that was huge. We had a great time as a family and as you read above Budda and Micah also competed well!! We can't wait til next year!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

28 minutes? ALRIGHT!