Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Oh My Bird!

Ms. Jill giving the peptalk!
Micah and Pax showing their muscles.

and they were off!

And someone won first place!!
Paxton who is a whole year younger than Micah got third!! Pretty awesome!

Winning the 50 yard dash will really wear you out.

I figured this needed a full post. I apologize ahead of time for being that Momma, this is for Nana and Pops who weren't at the race...and the two other people who will suffer through it:) But this is my scrapbook as well as my blog so it must be done. Micah competed in his first ever competitive event. We didn't realize it but we really had no idea how Micah would do in a situation like this...I had already prepped him that unlike at home when he races SadieJane, he MIGHT not win. He said he was ok with that. But in those few moments where Micah ran that little dash I felt what I see in all those Momma's of kids Mick coaches and I was frightened and excited all at the same time. I was so happy for him to be competing but also wanting him to do his best. Wanting him to win, but not neccesarily wanting others to lose. It was just a weird first experience for me. Alas, he did win and he did show that he is definitely waaay more like his Daddy than his Momma in the competitive sense. I could see the relief on Mick's face:) Don't go thinking we would love him any less, we wouldn't. But it was neat seeing him do something, enjoy it, and be good at it. I'm not foreseeing a running future, I'm just excited he had such a fun first experience. To make it even better Paxton raced too and they both ended up with trophy's!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

That's a cute one of them at the start!:)